Vancouver, CANADA – February 18, 2021 — Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre announced the winners of the 2021 BC Cleantech Awards at a virtual awards ceremony today. Twelve individuals and organizations were recognized for their contribution to British Columbia’s thriving cleantech community.
“We continue to be so impressed by the dedication, enthusiasm, and innovative spirit that is alive and well in BC despite the challenges of the past year,” says Jeanette Jackson, CEO of Foresight. “It’s our honour to recognize people who are making a difference as we work to transition to a green economy.”
From students and startups to professors and policy makers, Foresight salutes the 2021 BC Cleantech Award winners.
- Newcomer Award: Sasan Pasha, SensoDrive
- Industry Icon Award: Julie Angus, Open Ocean Robotics
- Connector Award: Mark Kirby, CHFCA
- Policy Maker Award: Matt Zahynacz, Clean BC
- Next Generation Award: Carol Wu
- Top Educator Award: Elicia Maine, Simon Fraser University
- Rising Star Award: Winecrush Technology
- Thriving Company Award: Clir Renewables
- Transformation Advocate Award (Corporate): Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Community Impact Award: Stoddart Creek Water Services Inc
- Educational Institution Award: Simon Fraser University
- Innovation Funder Award: Evok Innovations
The BC Cleantech Awards are presented in partnership with CORE BC and Osler, and with the support of BDC, Innovate BC, SFU Innovates and IDEaS.
About Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre
Foresight is Canada’s cleantech ecosystem accelerator. Foresight supports the identification and validation of cleantech opportunities and the successful commercialization of solutions. We bring together industry, government, academia, investors, and innovators to address today’s most urgent climate issues and support a global transition to a green economy. Find out more at www.foresightcac.com and follow on Twitter @ForesightCAC.
For more information, please contact: